Seruds is honoured to have young dynamic Mr. Gorla Mallikarjuna as its President. Engineer by profession and qualification, he did not step into the lucrative employment in the engineering sector. His devotion to the social work made him to pursue Post Graduation in Social Work and this itself speaks volumes about his commitment to the society. Indeed it is hard to find a Technocrat venturing Post Graduation in Social Sector. The technocrat turned social worker provides the leadership to the organization. Having the belief in participatory approaches, the management of the organization, under his leadership, is moulded in the true spirit of voluntarism. He had several accolades for his yeoman service and grabbed many appreciations for his services in the voluntary sector from both government and non government agencies.
Mr.G.Mallikarjuna 33 , the President of SERUDS is a graduate in Bachelor of Engineering from VASAVI COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, Hyderabad. He is passionate in social service and started working as a social worker at the young age of 24yrs. He has compassion towards the sufferings of deprived and downtrodden sections of the society. He was surprised seeing the atrocities and discrimination faced by women, children, dalits and hence decided to support them with equity, justice and empowerment. He has been struggling to mobilize resources for the cause of poor and needy. He aims to distribute resources equally to all the sections of the society.
Experience in leading SERUDS (8+ years)
- Trainer and training module developer.
- Associated with livelihoods learning programs organized by Govt. of AP.
- Inducted/ oriented/ mentored social work professionals.
- Practitioner of participatory processes applied/fine-tuned and practiced in a variety of contexts.
- Pioneered/been part of evolution of processes of significance/consequence to development sector.
- Led NGO Assessment and Development Partner Selection Processes for various projects/tasks.
- Outreach of influence to more than 5000 families.
- Contributed towards professionalizing development practice domain.